Monday, April 8, 2013

Blog Assignment #3

"Robots will increase the improvement of quality and reliability of our products, they also will reduce the amount of waste that is used because of their better accuracy than human welders. Those robots can work faster than human workers and can get the job done quickly because they have a faster welding cycle time. Human workers will need time for a break but robots won’t, which will lead us to a better productivity."

As you can see, my scenario is with robots because I'm interested in robots and it was the the only topic I found more easy to solve. My solution was to buy refurbished robots that can be really cheap to save more money. Also, to opt for a robot from ABB which specialize in making robots for building high - precision automobile parts. ABB has robots that are really amazing because they have a high accuracy and precision, it has a better welding durability, they are fast, flexible and have a long service life.

At first it wasn't easy to find relevant information such as the cost of the robots but I found a lot of information about the benefits of having robots than humans. So I started to do like a brainstorm and a table where I compared the cost of the human and robot's work so I could see what it was better to save more money. When it came to write the memo I didn't know how to start but then I realized that the key was imagination, I tried so hard to imagine that situation so the ideas came easily. At the end, the shown solution solved three problems that were assisting human workers, making the company safer, and saving more money. Writing memo was something different from others kinds of writing I have ever done because it's divided by sections such as summary, discussion and recommendations. These things are new to me and it was very helpful to learn how to write a professional memo.

No comments:

Post a Comment